As everything is getting advanced and digitized, why would you prefer to keep your restaurant lagging? The most convenient manner to automate and digitize your restaurant tasks, workings and operations is by merely carrying out and implementing a proper POS at your restaurant.
Yes, now all the newcomers or that of novice in the industry may not have an idea about what are restaurant pos systems and how can they be advantageous for your restaurant. In this post you are surely going to enjoy an idea about POS and the link it has with restaurants and how such a link would help you.
What should you know about POS software or system?
A POS system or software is a point of sale system that courses all the transactions that happen at a restaurant. In the beginning, a conventional point of sale was simply a restaurant billing software that used to take the orders and generated a receipt. However, with the emergence of cloud technology, the humble POS system turned out to become a complete restaurant management system. Equipped with Inventory and Stock Management, Smart Reporting & even that of Analytics, Customer Relationship Management and more, a POS diminishes manual labour and ease up workings. Add to this integration with the different third-party applications and the restaurant POS machine prove to be an end-to-end solution for whole restaurant management. The cloud-based POS restaurant system or software would work both online and offline; hence even if your web or internet is not at all working, your POS is going to ensure that the operations in your restaurant do not cease.
What is the point of installing a POS system in your restaurant?
Well, to understand this, you must look at the various ways a POS restaurant machine solves the day today challenges of restaurant operations and management.
A POS System Eases the Billing Operations
Billing is one of the most critical operations in a restaurant. Apart from general and common billing, multiple other things can improve the processes and improve the customer experience.
- Your restaurant POS system must allow both the customers and the servers to witness the whole menu on the tablet. Such a table billing feature is certainly going to diminish the manual labour involved and even enhance customer pleasure.
- A smart and nice restaurant POS machine even permits split billing when asked by your customers.
- Orders from all the delivery platforms will be pushed in a direct manner into the POS. This eliminates the need to manually add the orders received from the different online ordering channels. Blend with the orders, come the customer details that could be directly added to your CRM database.
A POS System permits to Have A stringent Control Over Your Stock & Inventory
Not owning an intense eye on your stock and inventory section could be one of the hugest blunders that you are making. Over-ordering or that of simply under-ordering, both can be disastrous for your restaurant. Hence, once you are selecting a restaurant POS, make sure that it allows you to have strict control over this section that could be a source of your constant worry.
- In case you have various outlets and a single base kitchen, then your POS must have a central Kitchen Module to make sure that there is good circulation of raw materials and semi-processed items to the different outlets.
- A smart POS restaurant system having an integrated Inventory Management System is going to send you an alert whenever any kind of stock item reaches it rearrange level. Such a thing would not only ensure that you never order while that item is still with you in stock, but it also ensures that your space never runs out of stock. The POS you have is going to help you to evade any kind of inventory management error that you might otherwise simply commit.
- A good and correct POS system permits you totally the physical stock and the ideal stock, that automatically reduces the scope of any inconsistency when talking about inventory.
- Recipe management is a necessary feature of Inventory Management as it keeps proper track of the amount of stock expended at the same time preparing each dish. Integrated with POS, such a feature fetches you detailed accounts of amount of proper stock consumed.
A POS System Always Supplement Customer Relationship Management
You being a restaurant owner must always try an cultivate a healthy customer relationship with your customers. How a POS is going to assist you in developing a better relationship with your customers are:
- With the help of your restaurant POS, you can properly and centrally upkeep your complete customer database. In the instance of manifold outlets, you might have a central database of customers and section the consumers based on their ordering behaviour, geography and history.
- Once you own the whole customer details, you can even quickly send customized SMS and emails informing your customers about the fresh happenings at your restaurant, such as hosting events, discounts and much more.
- Then there can also be loyalty programs that are a great way to enhance customer retention. Integrated with your CRM, you can easily run customized Loyalty Programs and easily and efficiently target customers in a better manner.
Upkeep Multiple Outlets with POS
In any company, one always aims for expansion, right? To attain this dream, you will need to do installation of a POS restaurant system that is going to assist you in your business expansion. The premium restaurant pos has all these features and more. The manners in which a POS can assist you are like:
- You shall receive a detailed account of all sales reports across all outlets.
- The sales account for each outlet
- The stock available in all your outlets
- You also attain a comparison of sales reports across all outlets.
Once you are assured that you are going to be able to receive all information of all outlets you have right at a single place, your anxiety related to how you would go about upkeeping different outlets all at once shall automatically get resolved.
So, since you have a great idea about the POS in your restaurant, you must embrace it right away.